Changing time frame should not move the chart

Khan

Changing time frame should not move the chart

Post by Khan »

Hi,

Currently, when you move the chart (the rightmost candle) to anywhere from its default location and then change the time frame, the chart's position resets itself and then you have to move it back to where you want it.

Under the TV interface, changing time frames should not move the chart - the rightmost candle should stay where it is, irrespective of selected time frame. This is the behavior of TradingView.

This is more of an annoyance rather than a bug but if feature parity with TV is still a goal, then this can be seen as a bug as well.

Thanks.
Khan

Re: Changing time frame should not move the chart

Post by Khan »

I noticed that this bugged behavior only happens some of the time. Other times, the rightmost candle stays put as it should. Weird.

I'll try to reproduce the bug.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Khan,

Since this is not really a bug, we moved the topic in the proper section.
Yes, you're right, at the moment changing the timeframe resets the graph location to the last part on the right, this is intended behavior.
You say that it only happens some of the time, in theory this happens always except when the chart is near the right void.
However, we will change this behavior to be the same as the default TradingView one.
Khan

Post by Khan »

Thanks for the consideration.

It is weird though because sometimes the chart's location does not get reset to the right when I change the time frame. The bug happens only some of the time and then the chart behaves like TV, which it shouldn't. However I couldn't reproduce it, so I don't know what causes it.

No need to dwell on this because once you change the default behavior to match TV, then this won't be an issue anyway.