Price jumping

Halcio

Price jumping

Post by Halcio »

Hi
On mnual backtesting,price kepps jumping at certain intervals. How do I stop that? And how can I control it at which session can the price go automatically? On the GoTo function it seems like it supposed to be a checkmark square next to each trading session so you can check or uncheck one . But theres nothing there...is just a white space to the left.
NakedMarkets

Re: Price jumping

Post by NakedMarkets »

Hi,

When you say that the price is jumping, do you mean it jumps randomly or it jumps regularly like very weekend or at the end of the day for stocks ?
If the price jumps randomly and skips some day without reason, it's possible that your data is corrupted.
You can fix this by deleting the data of your symbols in the Data center, and downloading them again.

About the GoTo function, it works like under FxReplay. By clicking on the session, the charts will go forward to the next hour of this session. There some predefined session times to jump to but you can define your own by selecting the hour and its name.
The purpose of this feature is explained in further details here.
Halcio

Post by Halcio »

I cant really tell if is random or at specific points in time. It seems like specific points in time but too many in a short period of time. Im on EURUSD on H1...just now price started to run like crazy like on the fastest speed and im only on 5M step. I will try to reload the data.
About the GoTo function..if I click any one of those sessions , will that be a one time thing, or it will always go to that specific session automatically ?
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

Okay, in this case, we advise you delete the EURUSD data in the datacenter and download it again.
About the GoTo function, if you click on the session it will jump every time to the hour of this session.
For example, if you click on "Start of London session time", it will go in the future to the 08AM hour of the next day, at the beginning of the Londons session.
If you click once again on it, it will go in the future to the 08AM of the next day. And so on. As mentionned, you can change the hour if you want or create new session times if needed.
Halcio

Post by Halcio »

Ok..I see ..so how do I stop the price from jumping to any session ? Like no more jumping , just a smooth price movement?
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

If you want to let the price go forward without interruption, you can just click on the forward button to automatically go forward.
And you can define the step you want and the speed you prefer.
The toolbar buttons are described here : https://www.naked-markets.com/Wiki/Main ... e_Toolbars and you can see the result here if it's what you want : https://www.naked-markets.com/Wiki/Back ... processing.

And if you need to pause it automatically when London session begins for example, you can define a rule to pause automatically at 8AM if you want.
Halcio

Post by Halcio »

If by the forward button you mean the "play" button, thats what Im using..but it keeps jumping at about 6.00 AM everyday and I dont know how to remove that function. Somewhere in some settings is set to jump over the London session and I cant figure out which setting is that
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

Yes, we meant the "play" button.
This is not normal if the time keeps juming at about 6AM every day (except for some symbols, like stocks, but here you are talking about EURUSD apparently).
This is not related to the GoTo feature, since it is triggered only when the user clicks on it.
Did you try to delete the EURUSD data and download it again, as advised ?