Backtest always loads data from the beginning

dasz

Backtest always loads data from the beginning

Post by dasz »

Hello, I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I have a feeling it was different before the newest update.

Usually, when I started backtest on XAUUSD, for example from this year - NM was loading data from couple of days before the Starting Date I selected.
Now, it always loads all data.

So if I want to backtest from 20.10.2023 - NM loads all data from 2014.... which takes a while - every time I run a backtest.

Was it always like this ?
dasz

Re: Backtest always loads data from the beginning

Post by dasz »

It becomes extremely frustrating when I changed TF to M1. Imagine years of data loaded at once :D
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

Hello,

Yes, NM always loaded all the data before the one you selected. If you let the default value of the starting date, it will be the first data, so the charts will be empty.
But if you choose a recent date like 20.10.2023 as an example, it will load all the data before because it is likely that the user needs to trade.
However, it should be very quick to load, almost instantly, in case of a new Backtest. We indexed the data to load very fast in this case, even if you switch to M1 timeframe.
dasz

Post by dasz »

Well.... trying to backtest last few weeks, loading the 1st D1 chart took 30 seconds. Switching to M1 took 28 seconds.
Windows 11, 8th gen i7, 24GB of ram.

So that's quite far from the near-instant... I remember it being much faster (otherwise I'd report this).
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

Thanks for the info, well, in this case, this is clearly abnormal behavior, it should be very fast.
As we need some additional information, we will send you an email if you agree,

Thanks
dasz

Post by dasz »

Sure, no problem.
dasz

Post by dasz »

Issue seems to be fixed once I cleared ALL data from the Data Center and re-downloaded again the instrument I am interested in.