Trendline extension bug

Khan

Trendline extension bug

Post by Khan »

Hi,

When I draw a trendline with extended right line enabled on a time frame and then drop down to a lower time frame, the line doesn't extend to infinity, so I can't see it. Zooming in/out and changing chart scale also affects it.

Attached is the video showing the problem and my backtest file. Both of the trendlines were drawn on the monthly time frame, yet when I zoom in and out on W1, you see the lines getting shorter & longer.

Not shown on the video but on D1 and lower time frames, the trendlines are completely invisible. When using multiple charts of the same symbol, this bug makes trendlines invisible and useless on lower time frames.
Attachments
EUR.zip
(244.68 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
trendline_bug_video.zip
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 150 times
NakedMarkets

Re: Trendline extension bug

Post by NakedMarkets »

Thanks Khan for this report.
This is clearly a bug. We revamped the line rendering in the last update in order to allow the extend left option.
This bug has been identified and fixed, and will be released in the next version, likely next week.
For information, you will encounter this kind of issue with the Parallel channel object as well (the line rendering code is the same)
Khan

Post by Khan »

Thanks. I'm gonna wait for the next release. Meanwhile I work around the bug by drawing a new trendline on bugged ones on the time frame I'm working on so they don't become invisible.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thanks for your report, it has been fixed in the latest release.