Chart object bugs when multiple charts of the same symbol are open

Khan

Chart object bugs when multiple charts of the same symbol are open

Post by Khan »

Hi,

1) When I have multiple charts of the same symbol open, I can only delete a chart object from the first ever opened chart only (but not from others) using the keyboard shortcut assigned (Del key by default). However, I can delete an object from any chart by clicking on the delete button from the toolbar or deleting from the right click menu.

This bug happens all time - irrespective of whether I have syncing chart objects on all charts of the symbol enabled or disabled.

2) Risk/Reward tool cannot be drawn on a chart (even if it is the first ever chart opened) if syncing chart objects is enabled, but otherwise works normally.
3) When syncing chart objects is enabled, drawing some chart objects (trendline, segment, rectangle, ellipse) have their handles visible on other charts and they stay visible even after you deselect the object on the chart you drew it. Fibonacci, vertical and horizontal lines don't have this problem for some reason.
4) Text objects aren't synced at all between charts.
5) Other chart objects I haven't tested might have some issues with syncing as well.
NakedMarkets

Re: Chart object bugs when multiple charts of the same symbol are open

Post by NakedMarkets »

Hi,

Yes, the option of synching under the Tradingview is not yet fully implemented.
We incrementally add the features, step by step in each new release.
You can see that it's the case for the object template with synching objects as well.
We will implement some of these features in the next update
Khan

Post by Khan »

Ah, I thought syncing works the same on both UIs.

Understood, thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hello,

The majority of your points have been fixed in the latest release.
But for information, RR tool is voluntarily not able to be sync'd because we will implement short/long positions, just like under TV.
The text objects are not synced too because their position can be absolute, relating to the chart dimensions and the not the position itself (ie : date).
We can do it but there will be only 1 option to set the position if cloned on other charts.
Khan

Post by Khan »

Hello again,

RR tool being able to create market & pending orders just like TV would be very nice indeed. Still, under TV, RR tool is just another chart object and therefore it gets synced (if you enable syncing on the object). Or perhaps you mean that RR tool won't be synced before you implement order creation with it. In any case, let's wait and see what you come up with.

I see your point regarding text objects. They can be synced if they are attached to the chart using date & price, just like other chart objects. Either this, or we don't get synced text. It is not the end of the world, but I think text objects should behave like other chart objects for a better user experience. Ultimately, the decision is up to you.
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

Hello Khan,

Just to be sure : the RR tool under TV you're talking about is the short/buy position tool ? Orders can be created from it with right-clicking and selecting "create limit order..."
If so, it will be implemented in one of the next TV features update. And it will be sync'd, like all other objects.

About the Text objects, what we can do is deactivate the "absolute display" when the text objects are clones via syncing mechanism
Khan

Post by Khan »

Yep, in TV there are two RR tools, one for short one for long and you can right click them to create market and pending orders.

Thanks for the replies on both subjects, good to know.