Naked Markets Keeps crushing and cannot import tick data

Haruperi

Naked Markets Keeps crushing and cannot import tick data

Post by Haruperi »

Have two errors that I don't know how to fix:

Error 1.
For some reason every time I want to place an order, I get this error, NakedMarkets encountered an uncoverable error. An error trace has been generated in OverallError.log. Attached is the log file below as well as the screenshot of the error.

Error 2.
I have tick data I downloaded from my broker, and I want to use that for backtesting in order to be consistent with the data I use in real markets. However, when I try to import, It keeps failing and telling me that I don't have permission to import, even if I create my own file and try to import, I get the same error. Attached also is the screenshot of that error

Kindly help me ASAP
Attachments
Screenshot for error 2
Screenshot for error 2
2023-08-23 06_25_42-Select the data file to import.png (12.81 KiB) Viewed 1138 times
Screenshot for error 1
Screenshot for error 1
2023-08-23 06_16_26-Naked Markets - MACDAugust - [Imp_Gold,D1].png (29.22 KiB) Viewed 1138 times
OverallError.log
log file
(7.01 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
NakedMarkets

Re: Naked Markets Keeps crushing and cannot import tick data

Post by NakedMarkets »

Hello,

Thanks for your report and thanks for providing the information to help us understand the issue.

Apparently, the overallerror.log file contains 3 times the same error :
"System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\NakedMarkets\NakedMarkets\Conf\Backtest_Logfile.txt' is denied."
This file is related to the logs when you do a backtest (it will contain all orders you created/modified/deleted). The software tries to read the file but the current Windows user does not have the permissions to do it apparently.

This seem to be tied to your second issue with permission problem when you want to import external tick data, the software tells that you don't have the right on the file.

Apparently, NakedMarkets is not able to access the files because you don't have permissions. Is your current Windows user administrator of your computer ? If not, could you launch NM with an administrator account or another one with enough permissions ?
Could you check if you current Windows user has enough permission to read any file on the system ?
It looks like the issue comes from the rights of the current Windows user.

We can keep helping you by email if you prefer
Haruperi

Re: Naked Markets Keeps crushing and cannot import tick data

Post by Haruperi »

I am the only user of my computer and my account is the admin account so there should not be a permissions issue in that respect. I restarted the computer and now placing trades seems to be working again. However, I still have an issue importing tick data, still the same error. I even thought maybe the downloaded csv file is locked and i created a csv and txt myself and still got the same error. And yes, I started NM in administrator mode, so again it should not have a permissions error but still, I can't import. Yes for sure you can contact me via email for custom help.