Backtesting period "Today" button doesn't work

dasz

Backtesting period "Today" button doesn't work

Post by dasz »

Hello,

I'm starting a new backtest and by default I see the Starting date period as 16.11.2014 (XAUUSD).
I want to test recent days so I normally open the calendar and click today's date, however nothing happens.
Perhaps some parsing issue ?

My date format is: DD.MM.YYYY

Currently I have to click a lot this calendar to get to current year, month etc. or type manually.

On top of that - perhaps it would be a good idea to show most recent available date for this data instead of the oldest - as initial value when you create new backtest ?
NakedMarkets

Re: Backtesting period "Today" button doesn't work

Post by NakedMarkets »

Hello,

That's normal, the today button is working properly.
It's because you chose a backtest starting date of your symbol XAUUSD before it but didn't reach the today's date.

When you create a backtest, you can choose the first date you want to start. If you let the date by default, it will be the first date available in data. So will need to forward all the time until the today's date. That's the purpose of backtesting a whole range of data, to review all the historical data to test a strategy, so by default, we think it's better to have the oldest date.

But if you want to just backtest the data of today, you can change the backtest starting date when you create it.
You can see the current backtesting date at the bottom of the window, as we can see here.

For information, we will add a feature to "jump" in the time, since several users requested it. It should be interesting for your use-case
dasz

Re: Backtesting period "Today" button doesn't work

Post by dasz »

Looking forward to the "jump" function then :)