"The symbol is not available on the server"

cdl

"The symbol is not available on the server"

Post by cdl »

Hi,

Most of the time when trying to download symbols in the Data Center, it shows the downloading going to 100%, then the extracting, but then it says "the symbol is not available on the server". This happens with all brokers, through all assets classes. The only way to make it work seems to just try again a few hours later...

Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: "The symbol is not available on the server"

Post by Admin »

Hello,

The error "the symbol is not available on the server" is prone to be displayed when the symbol can't be downloaded since the data is not available. For example, the symbol "COCOA" for NakedMarkets broker is at the moment not available. If you try to download it, you will trigger this kind of message.
What's surprising here is that the downloading process seems to complete in your case. And it happens for every symbol.

Could you elaborate a bit please ? Was it always the case for you or is it recent ?
This could happen eventually during network connectivity issues.
However, we checked our server monitoring logs and didn't notice any network interruption.
We didn't notice this kind of issue for other users.
But if it's the case, we can ask to other users if they encountered this issue too ?

Thanks
cdl

Post by cdl »

I've only been using the software for a week or so. The issue didn't appear the first day. Then it has done it for 2-3 days, and now I can't seem to be able to reproduce the issue.

Yeah it seemed weird to me too, that it was able to download and extract but then fail and say it couldn't find it on the server. That being said, it appears that when it's working properly, it seems to be downloading 2 things : 1st the price data, then it extracts, then there's a second dialog saying it's downloading rates... And the error message popped up before that. So maybe the issue lies there.

Anyway it's working now. I'll keep you posted if I encounter it again.

Thanks.
cdl

Post by cdl »

So I've just encountered the same bug again.

I just had it on USDCAD and USDCHF with various brokers. It happens after "history download -> history extract" ; but before "generate timeframes -> fetch rates".

It ended up working after many tries.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thanks for your bug report. Unfortunately, this bug is not fixed in the latest release but we are investigating on this matter.
This does not look to be easy to reproduce. We will keep you updated