Horizontal line bug

cdl

Horizontal line bug

Post by cdl »

Hello,

I'm having a weird bug. All of a sudden when placing an horizontal line on the chart, it doesn't appear. However, its value is showing in the price scale (see screenshot, black value) on the right, so it is there, just not showing. I can right click at this level and the dialog to edit the "invisible" horizontal line properties shows up, but then the software crashes and tells me it has generated an error trace in the log file (provided below). I've tried it again after restarting the program, then restarting the whole computer. Same results.
It worked fine before.

Thanks.

Code: Select all

#####-- 05/10/2022 16:32:46 --#####
System.ArgumentNullException: La valeur ne peut pas être null.
Nom du paramètre : first
   à System.Linq.Enumerable.SequenceEqual[TSource](IEnumerable`1 first, IEnumerable`1 second, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
   à System.Linq.Enumerable.SequenceEqual[TSource](IEnumerable`1 first, IEnumerable`1 second)
   à NakedMarkets.Classes.GraphicsManagement.Charts.UserGraphObject.GetIndexByStyle()
   à ??.???(Object , ?? )
   à NakedMarkets.EditObjectPropertiesForm.??(Object  , EventArgs  )
   à System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Attachments
Capture d’écran_2022-10-05_16-45-37.png
Capture d’écran_2022-10-05_16-45-37.png (79.65 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Horizontal line bug

Post by Admin »

Hello,

Thanks for this bug identification,
This bug can be reproduced in any new Backtest project you create ?
Do you have a saved Backtest file to share with us to investigate deeper on this issue ?
It's possible to share it in private message on the forum if your backtest file is considered private/sensitive,

Thanks
cdl

Post by cdl »

Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, the bug keeps happening even with new backtests, and with older backtests that used to work fine as well.

Here's one I just created for the purpose of testing the bug, same problem.

Oh, I'm noticing just now that when using the crosshair mouse pointer, only the vertical line of the crosshair is showing now. It used to work fine too.
Attachments
test.zip
(12.27 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thanks for providing this backtest file.
Indeed, we can see here a bogus horizontal line. This is related to the dash pattern of the horizontal line.
We will fix this issue in the next update, in the coming days.

However, here is a workaround to avoid waiting the update and allow you to keep backtesting :
If this bug is happening with all backtest files, we assume it's because it has been saved in the user settings file.
You can :
- Close NakedMarkets
- Delete the "settings.dat" file. It's located in the "[installdir]/conf" folder (usually in "C:\Program Files\NakedMarkets\NakedMarkets\conf\" folder).
- Start NakedMarkets. This should fix the issue.
- To delete "invisible" horizontal lines in your saved backtest files, you can right-click on a chart and click on "delete all objects" (or select only horizontal lines)

Again, this is just a temporary workaround for you but we will fix this in the next release.
Let us know if it fixes this issue,
Thanks
cdl

Post by cdl »

Yes! It's working fine now. Thank you for this quick fix.

BTW, I was going to add about the crosshair only showing its vertical component: this only happened when a "non visible" horizontal line was on the chart. If I deleted the bogus horizontal line, the crosshair immediately worked fine again.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thanks for bug report, it has been fixed in the latest release, freshly published : viewtopic.php?t=67