Zooming in/out and changing time frames is inconsistent

Khan

Zooming in/out and changing time frames is inconsistent

Post by Khan »

Hi,

There is an inconsistent behavior which to me is very jarring.

When we change time frames, the chart stays anchored to the right-most bar as it should. This way we don't lose where we are and quickly go back and forth between time frames. However, while zooming in and out, the chart stays anchored to the left-most bar. This has two issues: 1) All the bars move to the left, which is jarring and if we zoom out multiple times, the chart shrinks towards further to the left, and 2) if we are not at max zoom, then zooming in makes the right-most bar go out of the screen.

I consider this as a bug, it can be a feature request too. When zooming in/out, the chart should be anchored to the right-most bar instead of the left-most bar.

Thanks.
NakedMarkets

Re: Zooming in/out and changing time frames is inconsistent

Post by NakedMarkets »

Hi,

This is not a bug, it works as intended.
This is the way the zoom in/out and changing time frames works under Metatrader. So, it is standard and consistent.
The zoomin/out and time frames management will be different under the TradingView UI,it will be use the same as the TradingView one.
Khan

Re: Zooming in/out and changing time frames is inconsistent

Post by Khan »

Oh, I keep forgetting that you want to keep the current UI and UX compatible with MT. It's been so long I've used it; I hated and it and gave up on it. :D

I'll keep waiting for the TV UI then.

Thank you.