Adding Risk % to terminal and status bar

Khan

Adding Risk % to terminal and status bar

Post by Khan »

Hi,

Sometimes I use scaling in and out of trades. To do that and not to exceed our total risk exposure in terms of a percent of our account balance/equity, I'd like Risk % to be added as a column in the terminal. That way we can see which trade used how many %. The value is the same Risk % value in the Order Dialog.

To complement this, our total Risk % across all our open trades should be displayed maybe next to Balance in the status bar. I don't see any better place than this on the UI.

Thanks.
NakedMarkets

Re: Adding Risk % to terminal and status bar

Post by NakedMarkets »

Currently, there is already the risk % for each opened trade in the terminal pane.
To be sure to understand properly, you are talking about the theoretical % you have set when creating the order ?
Because this information is only theoretical since it needs a SL to be set. Some order could have none. And the SL can be moved by the user.

About the overall Risk % information, you are right, it's interesting for everybody to see the amount of risk for all the trades at one place. It allows to see the floating DD. This will be added.
Khan

Re: Adding Risk % to terminal and status bar

Post by Khan »

I'm talking about the initial risk %, which is calculated when you put a stop while entering a trade, as it should be. We can say it is the maximum risk for that trade (barring any slippages). This is what I mean and I think what you also mean by theoretical %.

Actually when I think about it, displaying the initial risk % on the terminal isn't useful at all, but displaying the actual maximum risk % is (for trades that have a stop). Like you said, when we move the SL, our maximum risk % changes for that trade and seeing how much maximum % we are currently risking is a very useful information I think.

This is different than the Growth column mind you, in case there is confusion between us. :)