Shortcuts requested for pending order types

Khan

Shortcuts requested for pending order types

Post by Khan »

Hi,

I find the "Type" dropdown list in the Pending Order Dialog very slow and I sometimes even forget to select the correct order type. Can we have customizable shortcuts for all 4 order types so we can create them with a single key press?

Thanks.
NakedMarkets

Re: Shortcuts requested for pending order types

Post by NakedMarkets »

Currently, there are already 2 shortcuts for instant and pending orders.
But as we understand, you would like to have 4 new shortcuts with every pending orders type.
It can be added easily, so expect to find this in the next release.
Khan

Post by Khan »

Yes, that is correct.

Thank you.
Khan

Post by Khan »

While we are at it, can you also add 2 more shortcuts for instant buy and sell orders? This way we can create any order type we want with a single keypress.
cdl

Post by cdl »

What would be an immense time saver, too, would be if the dialog automatically selects the correct order type:

- if I place entry price above current price and stop-loss below entry price, then it selects automatically Buy Stop order
- If I place entry price above current price and stop-loss above entry price, then it selects automatically Limit Sell order
- If I place entry price below current price and stop-loss below entry price, then it selects automatically Limit Buy order
- If I place entry price below current price and stop-loss above entry price, then it selects automatically Sell Stop order

Thank you.
Khan

Post by Khan »

Actually that's a much better idea, but I didn't want to suggest too big of a change.

Your suggestion would eliminate the need for all those shortcuts. :idea:
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

Hello,

Thanks for these suggestions,
The new shortcuts and the automatic pending order type selection have been added. It will be available in the next release.
j3rgus

Post by j3rgus »

Hello,
The new shortcuts and the automatic pending order type selection have been added. It will be available in the next release.
Hope that this will not be enforced and instead it's a separate possible order which a user can select or enable/disable in some way.
It is important that a user gets a feedback by what is not possible instead of automatically adjusting the "right" order for him.
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

Hello j3rgus,

Thanks for your input. It has been added as an option.
The pending order creation form now includes a checkbox with the "auto-select" order type option.
If checked, the pending order type will be automatically set if possible (if SL and Entry price are set). If not checked, the behavior will stay as usual.
As you noticed, the automatic order type set could not fit everybody needs since the conditions depends on his needs.
Khan

Post by Khan »

Hello again,

Can we also get keyboard shortcuts for canceling all pending limit orders, canceling all pending stop orders, and canceling all pending orders (both limit and stop)?