Chart objects are invisible on black chart background

Khan

Chart objects are invisible on black chart background

Post by Khan »

Hi,

I use an almost black background for my charts. However, chart objects, including the crosshair are black by default, therefore I can't see them. I have to manually change their color, which is annoying and I obviously can't change the crosshair's color, which makes it totally unusable on black background.

Easiest solution would be to make the default color for chart objects reasonably saturated red, green or blue - something that would work on a variety of background colors, and no one in their right mind would use as a background color.

Thank you.
NakedMarkets

Re: Chart objects are invisible on black chart background

Post by NakedMarkets »

Hi,

Yes, we totally understand your point about the crosshair. But you can change the colors of the charts objects (rectangle, lines, ...) only once. The software will save the last color used, so you have to do it only 1 time.

About the crosshair, we see 2 possible solutions :
- allow the color modification of the crosshair. It's pretty quick to add.
- wait for the color theme to be finished (main part is already done but not yet published) to have a white crosshair.

Let us know what you think about it
Khan

Post by Khan »

Hey,

I know that objects retain their custom properties for later uses, and that is good.

Since adding color properties to the crosshair isn't a problem, I suggest that you enable that, and ship the dark/light themes with that feature. People might want changeable crosshair color. Though I'm not sure about where to put a menu entry for that. Crosshair is used instantly and disappears when you let go off the left mouse button, so we can't right click and change its properties.
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

In this case, we will add a color property choice for the crosshair on the chart properties form.
This will be included in the next release without adding in the roadmap, since it's quick&easy to add.
The default value for dark theme will be white and black for the light theme.
Khan

Post by Khan »

Sounds good, thanks.