News are late

Khan

News are late

Post by Khan »

Hi,

I noticed that news are coming 1 hour earlier than expected on FRA40 with data from FOREX.com.
news.png
news.png (40.42 KiB) Viewed 212 times
On this chart, news are said to come at 16:30, but they actually happen on 15:30 which we can tell from the sudden spike which happened exactly at 15:30.

I have GMT+3 selected for the backtest.

Backtest attached.
Attachments
FRA.zip
(234.27 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
NakedMarkets

Re: News are late

Post by NakedMarkets »

Thanks for your report but news are not late, this is the FOREX.com data being in advance in fact.
If you use the FXCM or NakedMarkets brokers for the FRA40 (or FRANCE40), you will see that the hour is correct.
So, we advise you to use FXCM or NakedMarkets brokers for CAC40.
We will see if we keep FOREX.com data since it's not always reliable.
Khan

Post by Khan »

Ah, I see.

I switched to FOREX.com's data due to the gaps on FXCM. Looks like I have to abandon another backtest :)

Can you look at other pairs provided by FXCM whether they have gaps too? I like it as a data source but gaps make backtests problematic.

Also can you get data from Pepperstone, IC Markets, Eightcap or a similar big name broker? They have much smaller spreads when compared to FXCM and on 5m that matters a lot.

Thank you.
Khan

Post by Khan »

Update: I'm currently using FXDD for EURUSD. News are 1 hour late on FXDD as well.
Khan

Post by Khan »

Follow-up update:

Not only news are late on FXDD for EURUSD, the time is also wrong.
delayed news.png
delayed news.png (45.62 KiB) Viewed 184 times
In the ss above, news are obviously 1 hour late, which can be seen from the spike in price.

In the ss below, news are shown to be at 16:30, but it is 03:00 in the middle of the night (GMT+3).
news wrong time.png
news wrong time.png (56.01 KiB) Viewed 184 times
Khan

Post by Khan »

Sorry for the message spam but everything became clear after I stepped forward twice after the last screenshot above.

The date is 04/01/2024 in the latest screenshot above, but then it jumps to 01/02/2024 - almost a whole month. See below.
date jump.png
date jump.png (46 KiB) Viewed 183 times
I am stopping backtesting for the time being until these issues are fixed. Currently it is impossible to backtest properly.
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

Currently, you can backtest properly by using the default main broker : NakedMarkets. (except for FRA40 symbol but the issue should be fixed soon).
As said on the other thread, we are working on this issue for FXCM/FXDD brokers.
The news are not late, this is related to the data.

About getting data from Pepperstone, IC Markets, Eightcap, ... we would like to have historical tick data from them. But this is not so easy to obtain this kind of data. If you know some services providing this kind of data (with TICK data to have real spread), even paying, we would be happy to include them.
We remind that all of our data is provided for FREE.
Khan

Post by Khan »

I wish I had a source to offer you to include in NM, but sadly I don't.

As for the other points, I replied them in the other thread so no worries.

Thanks again.