Custom spread not working

Tomasz Kot

Custom spread not working

Post by Tomasz Kot »

Custom spread is not working.

How to reproduce the bug:
Example pair GBPUSD, broker NakedMarkets.
Start new backtest (use real spread unchecked).
Data Center/Properties: set spread to 5.
Optionally - restart backtest (it doesn't matter).

Result:
Spread is changing and it is not set to the expected value.
On the sample image 20 points, instead of 5.
Custom spread bug 2024-02-19 202437.png
Custom spread bug 2024-02-19 202437.png (40.41 KiB) Viewed 263 times
NakedMarkets

Re: Custom spread not working

Post by NakedMarkets »

Hello,

Thanks for your report.
In fact, custom spread is working.
It's just a graphical glitch under the TradingView theme when displaying the Ask value (sticked to real spread value).
If you open an order you will see the spread is equal to the custom spread you defined.

We fixed this graphical glitch and it will be available in the next release (dedicated bug fix release).
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hello,

Thanks for your report, you can update the software to benefit from the fix, it has been patched.
Tomasz Kot

Post by Tomasz Kot »

Could you check if it is working correctly?
I have updated the software with the latest patch, however the bug persists on my end.

Please find backtest attached.
Custom spread is set to 5 points, however the real spread is 10 points instead.
Is is 10 points as a visual line (Bid and Ask difference) and it is also 10 points transaction spread when opening an order.
Spread bug.png
Spread bug.png (2.99 KiB) Viewed 223 times
GBPUSD - spread.bkt
(756.33 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
-----
EDIT:
I was testing also other pair and on AUDUSD I managed to set custom spread. However another issue appeared there. Program treated custom spread of '2' as 2 pips (instead of 2 points) and didn't allow inputting anything lower than 1 pip. Could you fix it to either define input value as points or (if you prefer pips) allow decimal values?
The real spreads with the broker I use (on best symbols) are like 0, 1, 2 points (not pips).
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hello,

We checked and it is working properly.
In fact, we forgot to mention that despite the fix in the latest release, when you open you current backtest, the objects in memory are still using the old reference, with the wrong values.
That's why, it worked with the AUDUSD, it was a new backtest.
For that, you just need to go to the Data center, edit the symbol properties and click OK, it will save the proper values in the current backtest.

About the decimal values for the spread, in the new update, we added the possibility to have decimal spread, in pips, as mentioned now on the interface. It will allow you to have a custom static spread of 0.5 for instance.
Tomasz Kot

Post by Tomasz Kot »

Editing symbol properties and reapplying custom spread wasn't enough at my end, but restarting the backtest (after the update) fixed the issue.
Thank you!