Multiple timeframe charts

Alex

Multiple timeframe charts

Post by Alex »

hi, i just want to ask if i can open multiple timeframe charts when back testing? if yes, can i see all my drawings/indicators on all charts? thanks
NakedMarkets

Re: Multiple timeframe charts

Post by NakedMarkets »

Hello,
Yes, sure, you can open multiple timeframes charts, how many you want, when backtesting.
And yes, you can see all your drawings/indicators on all charts. For drawing, there is an option to synchronize all drawings between charts with the same symbol, as explained in the online documentation :
https://www.naked-markets.com/Wiki/Grap ... s_Settings
For information, just like under TradingView, there is templates for charts, if you want to apply them to new charts to save time.
Alex

Post by Alex »

hi, this is gold monthly chart, left is trading view and naked markets on the right
i just want to ask why there are some difference on data, i'm testing out a strategy where rejection is important
thanks
Attachments
gold monthly chart.png
gold monthly chart.png (97.14 KiB) Viewed 275 times
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

There are always some differences between different instruments in the Forex market. Since this is an OTC market, you will have differences between different brokers.
To check that, you can open under tradingview Gold charts with different brokers, and you will see differences between them.
Moreover, it's possible that the closing time of your monthly candles can be different as well (it can be changed with GMT parameter during backtesting creation),
What you can try is to check what is your broker under your live tradingview chart and see if we have this broker in our data. And check the close time of the candles and match it to retrieve very similar candles.