Don't cancel crosshair when scrooling on chart

j3rgus

Don't cancel crosshair when scrooling on chart

Post by j3rgus »

Hello, I am not sure if this behaviour is on purpose or is simply not accounted, but when a crosshair cursor is being used then it's automatically cancelled once chart is scrolled. It might be of use for some that crosshair and chart scrooling can happen at the same time.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Don't cancel crosshair when scrooling on chart

Post by Admin »

Hello,
Thanks for your suggestion.
Yes, it's intentional. As explained here, we consider that scrolling the chart disable the current drawing object (crosshair being one of them) because the user doesn't need it. He can scroll and after that select the graphical object to add or use.
If there is a specific use-case to use the crosshair during the scrolling, we can add it. But the user can scroll the chart and use the crosshair no ? Or he can unzoom to have a larger picture to use the crosshair ?
Tell us what you think about it
j3rgus

Re: Don't cancel crosshair when scrooling on chart

Post by j3rgus »

Yes, a user can scroll a chart and then use the crosshair. I have been doing it that way too. I had this idea only because the crosshair is considered a cursor on every platform that I use and because of that scrooling is possible whenever crosshair is being used.

About the dropping of graphical objects when scrolling. I considered this only for those objects it makes more sense. These are the ones which are being displayed on chart and require additional click from the user, such as horizontal and vertical lines. You are right it doesn't make much sense for those other objects that are inserted directly at the creation.

My other post considered "bug" only for the H/V lines. I just noticed I hadn't explicitly specified it in the post.