News Releases inaccurate

boycoffee

News Releases inaccurate

Post by boycoffee »

Hi,

When I do back testing the news releases just don't line up properly. Usually do all my back-tests in GMT+8 and the times displayed for the news releases are always out which affects my decision making and results. This is a really important issue considering how important news is in day-trading and is definitely making me consider switching back to Soft4FX or Forex Tester because of some simple but crucial fixes which I never had a problem with in these softwares. Love a lot of the 'advanced' analysis tools, pretty trading view aesthetic and weird and complex indicators but little important things like this do make me consider switching back, hope you guys can sort it asap. Sorry don't mean to sound so negative.

Thanks in advance,
boycoffee
Attachments
pmi.png
pmi.png (208.9 KiB) Viewed 416 times
others.png
others.png (210.39 KiB) Viewed 416 times
boycoffee

Re: News Releases inaccurate

Post by boycoffee »

example from SOFT4FX lining up perfectly fine for the same back-test settings, with the news events at the right times (massive MRN candles)
Attachments
soft4fx example.png
soft4fx example.png (74.06 KiB) Viewed 407 times
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

Hello,
Thanks for your report,
We understand that is an important issue for people using the news as a trading parameter.
We investigated and it appears that the issue is pretty new.
For information, our news feed is the ForexFactory website. They changed some data format recently, and it was not enough different to trigger our alarms but enough to shift the hour of the news feed for 2023 year (you can check, the news before Feb 2023 should not suffer from this issue).
We are working on it and trying to fix the issue ASAP, sorry for the inconvenience !
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

Just to let you know that we fixed the issue but needs time to parse again all the News data to properly shift the time.
We confirm that the data format of Forexfactory changed recently and triggered this problem.
This should be solved tomorrow, the time needed to fix all the data on the server. No new version of NM will be necessary to fix the issue, just news data download.
We will stay you updated when ready
boycoffee

Post by boycoffee »

thanks, appreciate it
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

As seen by email, the news data processing on the server is done, the issue should be fixed now,
Thanks