Session indicator showing inccorect time windows

Tomasz Kot

Session indicator showing inccorect time windows

Post by Tomasz Kot »

Session indicator appears at incorrect time windows.

Reproducing bug:
I am using UTC time for backtest. Example regarding London session.
Under default settings, London session according to indicator starts from 10:00 UTC (instead of 08:00 UTC).
Trying to fix it by changing starting hour of London session in indicator properties (from default "7H" two hours back to "5H") doesn't have any influence.
NakedMarkets

Re: Session indicator showing inccorect time windows

Post by NakedMarkets »

Thanks for your report.
However, this is not really considered as a bug. The value of the hours for each session are statically provided in the indicator (as we can see in the source code here).
So, the user has to change it himself to fit his current timezone.
Maybe, we could implement a specific trading session indicators which could change dynamically these values, but it will no longer be an standard API indicator like today.
Tomasz Kot

Post by Tomasz Kot »

Yes, the problem is that when I try to change the properties of the indicator, it doesn't work.
Specifically, I changed London start from "7H" to "5H" (and re-added indicator), but it still shows the same (incorrect) time window, starting from 10 UTC.
Tomasz Kot

Post by Tomasz Kot »

Sorry guys, any feedback on this one?
May I ask you if you were able to reproduce the bug?
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

Sorry for the delay, in fact we were not able to reproduce the issue.
What we'd like to do is to recode this indicator because it can be a bit slow sometimes, and fixing this issue at the same time
Tomasz Kot

Post by Tomasz Kot »

Does Session indicator (and also GoTo method) account for daylight savings (to show real London and NY openings across the year)?
If currently not, could it be upgraded during recoding that you mentioned, to account for daylight savings?
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

Yes, the indicator is using the data, which are aligned with DST shifting.
We are not able to reproduce your issue.

Do you use the latest available version of this indicator ?
Could you download it here and put it in your indicators folder ?

Thanks
Tomasz Kot

Post by Tomasz Kot »

I have replaced Sessions.dll and also deleted and reloaded old historical data that was causing problemes mentioned in another post and it solved the issue.
I also appreciate your plans to recode the indicator not to decrease chart performance.
Thank you!
Tomasz Kot

Post by Tomasz Kot »

Regarding Daylight Savings mentioned before - could you check if session indicator and GoTo function correctly accounts for it?
Unfortuntely on my end it seems not.
I have backtest time set to GMT+0 (UTC+0).
When I use Go To start of London Session (for example) on June, it goes to 08:00 (London is in UTC+1 timezone in that part of the year).
When I use Go To start of London Session (for example) on November, it goes to the same 08:00 (London is in UTC+0 timezone in that part of the year).
I believe results should be different to show correct session openings across the year under a given setting.
NakedMarkets

Post by NakedMarkets »

About the Daylight savings, sorry, we misunderstood your point.
In fact, the data benefits from the values with the DST shifting automatically. So when a DST shift occurs, it is transparent in the data.
But yes, for this indicator, it does not take in account the DST since it's complex to handle depending on your timezone.